October 06, 2009

A Bridal Tea





I had the pleasure of throwing a Bride's Tea the Sunday before last. Since there was an influx of marriage proposals this past summer, there are plenty of gals I go to church or school with who are also experiencing the throes and joys of wedding planning. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a photographer, but I want to display the ambiance of our pre-vespers tea.








The mauve nails are Alexa's, a girl from church.  She is probably the most prepared and planned of the bunch. Clockwise is moi, the only yellow gold engagement ring (which is just how I want it).  Next is Paula, whom I had never talked to before my tea party. She is having sushi at her wedding, and if I weren't serving smoked salmon at mine...I'd be jealous.  And then Nicole, who is engaged to Nathan—my Tim's friend and fellow film score roundtable comrade.


It was an absolutely splendid affair with cucumber mint tea sandwiches, Carr's Lemon Ginger cookies, peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies from the latest Martha Stewart Living catalog, and pumpkin scones (recipe here). You should really make these scones. My future grandma-in-law said it is the best scone recipe she has ever tasted, and I have to agree. (Mom, I'm making these on Thanksgiving morning for sure.) 


I want to take this moment to announce that my fiance will, as a gift to me, be composing the music we will use during the ceremony! He'd been planning it for some time and I had no idea. I really like that he has gotten into the DIY aspect of our wedding. He's composing the music AND designing the save-the-date's and invitations!


This past Monday morning I had the pleasure of having coffee with Mrs. Crispell. She is the wife of the dean of students at FC, and she was on the France trip with my mother and me this summer. She is a smart and beautiful gal.  Not only is she splendid, but she also has a lot of experience with wedding planning and coordinating, so she agreed to meet with me just to answer any questions I had about the process (I'm embarrassed to say it, but I didn't know that wedding showers aren't supposed to be planned by the mom and mom-in-law! Glad I do now!), and just a few helpful hints to make the best day of my life really the best day of my life (looks like having a day-of coordinator is a good idea...will be making a few phone calls this weekend!)


My birthday at Hollywood Studios!



This weekend Tim and I are going to Orlando for the Epcot Food Festival. We're going to stay with his Aunt Tricia and Uncle Herb and look up some recommendations from one of my absolute favorite blogs. One of the first recipes Tim and I made as a couple was her homemade ice cream...and I'm probably going to go make her pumpkin blossom cookies with the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses they have at Target.

And I need to go on a pre-wedding diet while I'm at it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment